Please note that the Rooster Card is only available to residents of the United Kingdom
We know that picking the perfect birthday gift is never easy. The Rooster Card is often chosen by parents as a birthday gift and could be the answer for you too if your child is over 6, here’s why:
1) Provides kids with money skills for life 🤗
Not only is the Rooster Card a practical gift for children, packed with features to help them manage their pocket money, it’s also used by parents to teach their kids good money habits they’ll continue to benefit from in later life.
From our ‘4 Pot system’ (encouraging kids to manage their money between Spend, Save, Give,and Goals), to our introductory concepts of Interest and Statements, your children will start to learn the basics of money matters in a safe environment with parental controls. They will also get their own log-in so they can make the experience theirs.
2) Gets kids ready for our cashless world 💸
We now live in a world where we are using cash less and this is no different for kids. Whether that’s buying magazines at the local shop, travelling on the bus to school, or topping up your Robux on Roblox – the contactless Rooster Card will suit all their needs. Of course, this may be even handier if your household has already got an Xbox or PS5 as you’ll be able to add the Rooster Card to the payment methods to make purchases.
3) Perfect for receiving cash gifts digitally (and saving them!) 🎁
The Rooster Card comes with its own account number and sort code so grandparents can easily pay in gifts directly for birthdays or Christmas. You can find these details in the app by clicking the big + on the home screen, tapping on ‘Bank Transfer’, and clicking on ‘Share account details.’
This can be really useful in the build-up to birthdays if friends and family are asking how to give them money. What better way to receive your very own debit card than to receive one that’s already topped up with all your birthday money!
And once it’s in there, you can talk to them about managing it wisely (see point 1 above), or just hit the sales (see point 2 above).
4) Works with other devices around the house 📲
If you’ve got an Amazon Echo or Facebook portal, you can use NatWest Rooster Money with them as part of our Alexa Skill Integration so your child can ask Alexa “How much pocket money do I have?” or “What chores do I have left today?” So there’s no excuse not to talk about money, or get the chores done!
5) It comes with a book too! 📘
And last but not least, the Rooster Card comes beautifully wrapped and presented along with our Pocket Money Guide so anyone receiving it will be delighted with their gift. The guide can be used by parents and kids and is filled with tips on how to become smart with your money.
And here’s a quick reminder of the core features of the Rooster Card:
- Parent Account with sort code & account number – so you can set aside your kids’ pocket money, and family & friends can pay into the account
- Prepaid Visa debit card – so your kids can make considered spending choices in the real world
- No overdraft – so no risk of overspending
- You decide where it can be used – in shops, online, or at ATMs
- Instant spending notifications – for you and your children
- One-time CVV – making it a more secure card for online transactions
- Freeze & unfreeze card instantly – for those ‘where’s my card?’ moments
To order a Rooster Card you will need to have signed up to Rooster Money using our app on your device, then you will need to take out an Account and Card subscription. More details on how to get a Rooster Card here.
We hope this helps you on your hunt for the perfect birthday gift for your child. If you have any ideas on what you’d like us to cover next, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org