How to get your free Rooster Card subscription
Sign up and download the Rooster Money app. Make sure you use your full name.
Log in, select 'Add child' and fill in their details. You can add up to 3 kids to get the offer.
Follow the steps to start a free Rooster Card trial and connect to your current account.
Already with Rooster Money?
Head to the menu in your Rooster Money app and tap Rooster Card
Connect to your current account
Get up to three Rooster Cards subscriptions for free
What is the Rooster Card?
Your kids can start making considered spending choices, online and in stores, with their very own contactless pre-paid debit card.
Flexible parental controls let you choose where and how much your kids can spend, and with no risk of going overdrawn, you can let your kids take the next step towards confident money management. Our secure card, built 100% with kids in mind, could help prepare them for managing money in the future.
Spend and top-up limits apply. See details on fees and limits here.
Measured independence, with peace of mind
The Rooster Card lets them make considered spending choices with their own card – while you decide how much responsibility to hand over.
- Set flexible spending limits: Daily, Weekly or Monthly
- Instant top-ups (so they’re never caught short)
- Real-time notifications on when & where they spend
- Quick & hassle-free set-up
Build good money habits
With a contactless prepaid card linked to their Card pot, kids can:
- Log in to their own child account to manage their money
- Practise making considered spending choices
- Learn to earn with our chore-tracking feature
- Build their own Goal pots to save towards
- Buy things online and in store with no risk of going overdrawn
Ultra safe & secure
We know safety is paramount when it comes to our kids which is why we’ve built built in security features.
- Freeze/un-freeze card instantly if stolen (or just lost!)
- Decide where the card can be used, with a built-in block on spending at ‘over 18’merchants
- One-time CVV – for more secure online purchases
- No overdraft, no debt, no risk of overspending
Anyone can contribute
Your Rooster Money Parent Account comes with its own sort code and account number. So gran and grandad can easily contribute to your children’s saving – useful at birthdays and Christmas!
- Your own family sort code and account number
- Easy payments in, by anyone
- Quick & hassle-free set-up
And there’s even more in the Rooster Money app
Your Rooster Card works seamlessly alongside our app for pocket money tracking and more. Meaning you get a bunch of features perfect for family life.
- Pocket money tracking and management
- Advanced chore tracking system
- Parent-paid interest
- Charity donations, powered by Just Giving
And of course, lots of tips and advice on having positive conversations about money, starting with our Primers.