We’ve taken this gem of an idea from Laura Symonds (here on Facebook and Instagram). Setting up a tuck shop at home is a great idea, because it not only teaches the kids some valuable money lessons, it also curbs the nagging, and can be really fun too. Win, win win!
The activity: Home Tuck Shop
- Write out a list of snacks
- Put prices next to each one
- Stick the shopping list of the fridge
- Give your kids a set amount a day to buy from the tuck shop (Laura suggests £1)
- Now, every time they want a snack, they can come to you, choose what they want, and pay for it, counting their real money.
Images from Laura Symond’s Facebook page
Don’t forget: Prizes for sharing
COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED. Follow us on instagram to make sure you catch the next one.
Got any more activity ideas?
Please share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share as many as we can on social, giving you the credit of course 🙂