All companies that handle personal data, need to share how they collect and manage the data you choose to share with them, when signing up to use their services.
Like super heroes, companies have a duty to you in ensuring your data is kept safe and only managed in a way you agree with. This guide outlines how RoosterMoney does this.
- Kids Privacy Assured by PRIVO: COPPA Safe Harbor Certification
- Your privacy
- What is personal data?
- What personal data gets collected for you?
- Why do RoosterMoney collect this data and how is it used?
- Your rights and control over your personal data
- Keeping your personal data safe
- Contact us
Before we get started
RoosterMoney is the trading name of World Learning Limited.
1. Kids Privacy Assured by PRIVO: COPPA Safe Harbor Certification
RoosterMoney (owned and operated by World Learning Ltd) is a member of the PRIVO Kids Privacy Assured COPPA Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”).
The Program certification applies to the digital properties listed on the validation page that is viewable by clicking on the PRIVO Seal. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online.
The PRIVO COPPA certification Seal posted on this page indicates Rooster Money has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at +44 (0)808 178 5352 or email@example.com.
If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Your Privacy
When your parent sets up a RoosterMoney account for your family, and when you use the RoosterMoney App from your own phone or tablet, we collect certain information about you and your use of The RoosterMoney app (we sometimes may say “Service” when talking about the app in this policy).
- Your personal data belongs to you, and we want you to understand what personal data RoosterMoney collects and how it is used.
- We want to help you better understand your rights over your personal data and precautions you can take to better secure it and keep it safe.
- Not only does RoosterMoney want to help you become financially independent, but digitally savvy as well!
3. So what do we mean by personal data?
And there is information that helps to identify you as being YOU!
Personal data doesn’t only have to be something you can see…
If you have a mobile phone or tablet, these have a unique device ID – which is also seen as personal data if it can be helped to identify you.
4. What personal data gets collected for you?
When your parent creates a RoosterMoney account and adds a profile for you, they need to provide your:
- First name
- Date of birth
They may choose to add extra personal data, like:
- A profile photo
- Email address
- Login details
If they set you up with your own login – so you can access your RoosterMoney account from your own smart phone or tablet – when you login for the first time, we automatically collect device information which includes:
- Hardware information (such as your device’s unique ID)
- Software information (such as your device’s operating system)
- Usage information (such as the app features you’ve used)
5. Why do RoosterMoney collect this data and how is it used?
We use this data to provide you with our RoosterMoney services and give you a great experience when using the App.
Your name is used to help you know which account you’re in – useful if you have brothers and sisters. If you’re an only child, this is less of a problem, but we also use your name so we can address you directly within the app making the experience more friendly and personal.
We use usage information to better understand what features are being used in the app, fix any problems that may exist and to continue to develop and improve the services we provide to you and your family.
If we notice a feature isn’t being used very much, we can use that insight to investigate why and improve it!
We will NEVER share your personal data without your parent’s consent!
We do use these third party companies to help support our RoosterMoney services and we use their systems to process personal data so we can analyse the use of the app. This helps us improve the service that you receive from RoosterMoney.
6. Your rights & control over your personal data
That’s a whole lot of rights…
But what it does is give you the power over your data which is important when you choose to share it with another company.
7. Keeping your personal data safe
RoosterMoney have lots of safe guards to keep your data secure and safe on our systems, however there are things you can do as well to keep your own data safe (not just on RoosterMoney)!
Set a tricky password!
- Choose one that you can remember but others won’t be able to guess!
- When choosing what password to use, don’t use the obvious ‘password’ or ‘123456’.
- It will make it even harder for people to guess it if you add both numbers and letters, with some being CAPITALS as well.
Don’t worry, if you forget what password you set, your parents can help you out.
Choose a non-obvious PIN
0000 is easy to put in, but also easy for someone to guess. Choose 4 numbers that you can remember, but won’t be too easy to guess.
Switch user from your menu
You can use the ‘Switch user’ button to return back to your family’s dashboard when you’re done using the App.
To get back into your account you’ll have to enter your PIN, but that means no one else can get in to your account that you don’t want to.
8. Contact us
World Learning Limited (trading as “RoosterMoney”), is a company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 06830114) with its registered office at 64 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 8TB and business offices C/O Co-Work, 3rd Floor, 109 Borough High St, London SE1 1NL. We are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (registration number: ZA374824).
Our phone number is +44 (0)808 178 5352.