We’re excited to announce that we have now launched the Rooster Card to families in the UK.
Our mission is to take children from their first steps in understanding the value of money to their first bank account. Our prepaid debit card for kids is a natural progression for children who have learnt the basics with our tracking tool and are looking for a bridge between the tracker and a bank account. Through the card you will be able to empower your children to make considered spending choices on their own, both online and in store. This means that kids can start as young as four using the app as a star or reward chart, before graduating to a pocket money tracker and then, ultimately, the Rooster Card whenever the parents and kids are ready.
You can choose to keep a close eye on their spending, with real-time notifications and spending limits, or simply access regular statements. Whatever option you choose, we have you covered!
Children still benefit from the great features and lessons of the Tracker, but now can use the money in their Spend Pot with their very own prepaid card. A bridge between the tracker and an adult bank account, this is a great way to empower your kids to start applying what they’ve learnt to the world of real money.
The Rooster Card is initially for UK users only and is a premium feature within the app.
What will the Rooster Card include?
- Parent Account with sort code & account number – parents can ringfence their kids’ pocket money and family and friends can make payments into the account
- Prepaid Visa debit card for kids – helping them make considered spending choices in the real world
- One-time CVV – making it a more secure card for online transactions; CVV number is only accessed in-app, and changes after every purchase
- Instant spending notifications – for parent and child, giving everyone oversight
- No overdraft – kids learn in a safe environment, with no risk of overspending
- Decide where it can be used – in stores, online or at ATMs (limited to child-appropriate merchants and codes)
- Freeze/unfreeze card anytime – for those ‘where’s my card?’ moments
- Touch ID login – provides an extra layer of security
- View PIN in-app – for easy and safe reminders
You can find out more about the Rooster Card here.
The Rooster Card is issued by National Westminster Bank Plc pursuant to a license from Visa Europe. National Westminster Bank Plc. Registered in England No. 929027. Registered Office: 250 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4AA. Financial Services Firm Reference Number 121878. National Westminster Bank Plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The Rooster Card utilises the e-money permission held by National Westminster Bank Plc.